My name is Barbara Kabanu and I am originally from South Africa. I am the youngest of six kids and the only one living abroad. I have 4 years of experience volunteering at church with Autistic kids one on one every Sunday. My cousin also has an autistic child, so at a young age I was introduced to just how amazing they are, what they can achieve and how they, and their parents-caregivers, overcome every day.
I have been with WRTS for 3 months. The longer I am here, and the longer I volunteer at church, the more passionate I become about serving kids, whether they are “on the spectrum” or “neurotypicals,” who will influence our future! This gives me a strong peace that I am in God’s will learning and serving Him and others!
The Grand Opening for WRTS-The Woodlands, TX is Thursday, February 15 at 2:30 pm, a fantastic community that I am thrilled to be a part of and serve, and I look forward to showcasing just how all-around beneficial and fun it is!
I live in Spring, TX with my 8-year son Zaiden who will soon have a new baby brother Uzziel! My 18-year old son Shaige is Sophomore at University of Houston studying medicine!
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination